Grade Levels: K - 8
- Students will find a famous person who shares his/her birthdate.
- Students will gather information about his/her Birthday Buddy.
- Students will present an oral report to the class.
- Students will prepare a written report.
- Reference book
- Internet access
- Art materials
- Students will find a famous person who shares their birthdate by looking on Infoplease.com.
- Decide, with the students, the important facts to gather about a person's life (birthplace, year of birth, education, accomplishments, etc.) A teacher-made fact sheet outline will help students to organize their work.
- Students will gather information on their Birthday Buddies by using Internet sites that are similar to http://www.infoplease.com/people.html.
- Students will prepare a written and oral presentation.
- Students will share their work with the class.