Learning About Voice Through Photographs Assessment
Name of Partner: _____________________
Follow these steps and turn this worksheet in to your teacher when finished.
- Circle all of the adjectives in your narration. If you need help identifying adjectives, ask your partner.
- Look at your brainstorming notes. Now underline any words in your paragraph that were also on your brainstorming sheet.
- Read your paragraph aloud to your partner.
- After you’ve read it, ask your partner the following questions and write his or her responses here:
- Who am I?
- What am I thinking or feeling?
- How do you know this?
- Do these thoughts and feelings make sense to you when you look at the same
- Did I use first person in my entire paragraph?
- Now, based on your partner’s feedback, rate how you did by circling the word that best describes your attempt at this activity:
Excellent Good Needs Work
Asian-Pacific-American Heritage Month
May is Asian-Pacific-American Heritage Month! Don't overlook this opportunity to study and enjoy activities about the history and culture of Asian-Pacific American communities.
The recent rash of tornadoes in Oklahoma, which killed at least two dozen people, may have your students wondering why such natural disasters occur, how they may be affected by them, and what they can do to help. Use these resources to teach the geography of Oklahoma and the Southwestern United States, to explain tornadoes, and to discuss the resulting crises with your class.
Top 10 Galleries
Explore our most popular Top 10 galleries, from Top 10 Behavior Management Tips for the Classroom and Top 10 Classroom Organization Tips from Veteran Teachers to Top 10 Free (& Cheap) Rewards for Students and Top 10 Things Every Teacher Needs in the Classroom. We'll help you get organized and prepared for every classroom situation, holiday, and more! Check out all of our galleries today.
May Calendar of Events
May is full of holidays and events that you can incorporate into your standard curriculum. Our Educators' Calendar outlines activities for each event, including: Backyard Games Week (5/23-29) and Memorial Day (5/27). Plus, celebrate Asian-Pacific-American Heritage Month, Clean Air Month, and Physical Fitness & Sports Month all May long!
Common Core Lessons & Resources
Is your school district adopting the Common Core? Work these new standards into your curriculum with our reading, writing, speaking, social studies, and math lessons and activities. Each piece of content incorporates the Common Core State Standards into the activity or lesson.