Last Living Veterans of America's WarsAmerican Revolution (1775–1783)
- Last veteran, Daniel F. Bakeman, died 4/5/1869, age 109
- Last widow, Catherine S. Damon, died 11/11/06, age 92
- Last dependent, Phoebe M. Palmeter, died 4/25/11, age 90
- Last veteran, Hiram Cronk, died 5/13/05, age 105
- Last widow, Carolina King, died 6/28/36, age unknown
- Last dependent, Esther A. H. Morgan, died 3/12/46, age 89
- Last veteran, Fredrak Fraske, died 6/18/73, age 101
- Last veteran, Owen Thomas Edgar, died 9/3/29, age 98
- Last widow, Lena James Theobald, died 6/20/63, age 89
- Last dependent, Jesse G. Bivens, died 11/1/62, age 94
- Last Union veteran, Albert Woolson, died 8/2/56, age 109
- Last Confederate veteran, John Salling, died 3/16/58, age 112
- Last veteran, Nathan E. Cook, died 9/10/92, age 106
The end of the school year is quickly approaching! Celebrate with fun activities, then prepare yourself and your students with report card advice, summer reading guides, summer math, and more.
Common Core Lessons & Resources
Is your school district adopting the Common Core? Work these new standards into your curriculum with our reading, writing, speaking, social studies, and math lessons and activities. Each piece of content incorporates the Common Core State Standards into the activity or lesson.
Top 10 Galleries
Explore our most popular Top 10 galleries, from Top 10 Behavior Management Tips for the Classroom and Top 10 Classroom Organization Tips from Veteran Teachers to Top 10 Free (& Cheap) Rewards for Students and Top 10 Things Every Teacher Needs in the Classroom. We'll help you get organized and prepared for every classroom situation, holiday, and more! Check out all of our galleries today.
June Calendar of Events
June is full of holidays and events that you can incorporate into your standard curriculum. Our Educators' Calendar outlines activities for each event, including: Summer Begins (6/21), Helen Keller's Birthday (6/27/1880), World War I Began (6/28/1914), and Meteor Day (6/30). Plus, celebrate Child Vision Awareness Month, National Rivers Month, and National Safety Month all June long!
Causes We Support: We Give Books
Visit We Give Books, an ever-growing, free online library of children's picture books! For every book read on the site, a brand-new book will be donated to a children's literacy campaign of your choosing. Read aloud to students or encourage them read independently, and you'll teach them to help others at the same time. Giving is as simple as reading!