Original URL: http://www.teachervision.fen.com/teaching-methods/curriculum-planning/2843.html
First Grade Basic Skills
By the end of the year most students will be able to:
Brought to you by the
American School Counselor Association
- Read at least 100 sight words.
- Locate the main idea and details in stories.
- Recall the sequence of events in oral and written stories.
- Write words legibly in manuscript form.
- Capitalize the first word in a sentence and use the period and question mark at the end of a sentence.
- Recognize the singular and plural forms of nouns.
- Count to 100 by one's, two's, five's, and ten's.
- Write the numerals to 100.
- Add and subtract numbers up to and from 10.
© 2000-2013 Pearson Education, Inc. All Rights Reserved.