U.S. President: Facts
Grade Levels: 3 - 5
- Students will gather information from a chart.
- Students will become familiar with the names of the presidents of the United States.
- Distribute copies of the handouts to the class.
- Review List of Presidents with students.
- Ask students to complete Know the Presidents
- This activity may be completed as homework or in class, individually or in pairs.
- As an enrichment activity, assign the following questions to the class or
offer as an extra credit option to individuals:
- Who was the first president to be impeached? (Andrew Johnson)
- What caused his impeachment? (Handling of Reconstruction)
- Was he acquitted or convicted? (Acquitted)
- Why did one president resign? (Richard Nixon over Watergate)
- Why can a president serve only two terms? (Constitutional amendment)
Should we change that?
- What would be the advantages of a six-year term?
Excerpt from Social Studies Teacher's Survival Kit.