Animal Walk Circuit
Grade Levels: Pre-K - 2
- Students will use various animal movements to increase their fitness levels and movement patterns.
- Prepared cards
- On colored sheets of 8" x 11" paper, write the names of various animal walks and/or draw a picture of the movements/animals.
- Randomly place the cards around.
- Have the students move to open areas and get ready to move.
- On the start signal, all students begin to "kangaroo jump" around.
- On the stop signal, students move to the nearest card and begin to perform the animal walk listed on the next card.
- Upon reaching the next card, the students change to the animal walk noted and move to another card.
- This rotation continues for 60 seconds.
- After that time, students begin to "kangaroo jump" for 30 seconds.
- This cycle can be repeated depending on the physical ability of the students.
- Eliminate the "kangaroo jump" at the beginning of the activity.
- Have students move directly to an activity card and begin to move from card to card using the appropriate animal movement.
Excerpted from Elementary P.E. Teacher's Survival Guide.