Suggested Author Interview Questions
Use this list of suggested questions when preparing students to interview an author.
- When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
- How long does it take you to write a book?
- What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
- What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
- How do books get published?
- Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
- When did you write your first book and how old were you?
- What do you like to do when you're not writing?
- What does your family think of your writing?
- What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
- How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
- Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?
- Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
- Do you like to create books for adults?
- What do you think makes a good story?
- As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?