Walk on the Witch: Musical Chairs for Halloween
Grade Levels: Pre-K - 3
- Big brown paper bag, or big picture of a witches hat
- CD player, tape player, or radio
- Make a picture of a witch's hat by cutting the bag and opening it out flat.
- Draw a big witch's hat on the flattened bag and cut it out.
- Tape the picture of a witch's hat on the floor before you play the game.
- Explain that this is a Halloween version of musical chairs with the witch's hat replacing the chairs. With their eyes closed, students will walk back and forth across the hat on the floor for as long as the music is playing. When the music stops the person who is standing on the hat is out of the game.
- Ask for a student volunteer to be the No Peeking Wizard.
- Explain that the No Peeking Wizard controls when the music stops and starts. The No Peeking Wizard also watches to make sure that no one opens their eyes when the music is playing. Whoever peeks is out of the game.
- Ask students to line up in a straight line and shut their eyes. When the music starts, the players walk back and forth across the hat keeping their eyes closed. They should keep moving until the music stops.
- When the music stops, the person who is standing on the hat is out of the game. The last player left wins!
Return to Have a Halloween Party lesson plan.