Original URL: http://www.teachervision.fen.com/foods/activity/3378.html
Cranberry Lemon Oat Scones
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 15 to 18 minutes
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups oat bran
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup low-fat lemon yogurt
1/4 cup egg substitute
1 6-ounce bag Craisins® Sweetened Dried Cranberries
1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Work butter or margarine into dry ingredients until butter is the size of small peas, using a pasty blender or fork.
- Add remaining ingredients except sweetened dried cranberries and 1 tablespoon sugar, mixing just until dry ingredients are moist.
- Stir in sweetened dried cranberries.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and gather into a ball.
- Cut dough into 2 pieces.
- Pat each half into a 6-inch circle; cut into 6 wedges.
- Place cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 12 scones.
||Used with permission from Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
© 2000-2013 Pearson Education, Inc. All Rights Reserved.