Decimal Assessment Questions
Grade Levels: 3 - 5
- How many tenths are needed to make one? (10) How many hundredths are needed to make one? (100) How many thousandths are needed to make one? (1,000)
- What is the pattern in the following series? 0.001, 0.01, 0.1, 1.0, 10, 100, 1,000. (The number increases by a factor of 10 each time.)
- Compare 4 tenths, 0.4; 40 hundredths, 0.40; and 400 thousandths, 0.400. (They all have 4 in the tenths place; extra zeros to the right do not change the value.)
- Which is greater, 2.309 or 2.310? Explain. (2.310. The digits in the ones and tenths place are the same. In the hundredths place, the one is greater than the 0.)
- Which is less, 0.091 or 0.109? (0.091)
- Put the following in order from greatest to least: 3.3, 3.9, 3.214, 3.093, 3.89. (3.9, 3.89, 3.3, 3.214, 3.093)
Asian-Pacific-American Heritage Month
May is Asian-Pacific-American Heritage Month! Don't overlook this opportunity to study and enjoy activities about the history and culture of Asian-Pacific American communities.
The recent rash of tornadoes in Oklahoma, which killed at least two dozen people, may have your students wondering why such natural disasters occur, how they may be affected by them, and what they can do to help. Use these resources to teach the geography of Oklahoma and the Southwestern United States, to explain tornadoes, and to discuss the resulting crises with your class.
Top 10 Galleries
Explore our most popular Top 10 galleries, from Top 10 Behavior Management Tips for the Classroom and Top 10 Classroom Organization Tips from Veteran Teachers to Top 10 Free (& Cheap) Rewards for Students and Top 10 Things Every Teacher Needs in the Classroom. We'll help you get organized and prepared for every classroom situation, holiday, and more! Check out all of our galleries today.
May Calendar of Events
May is full of holidays and events that you can incorporate into your standard curriculum. Our Educators' Calendar outlines activities for each event, including: Backyard Games Week (5/23-29) and Memorial Day (5/27). Plus, celebrate Asian-Pacific-American Heritage Month, Clean Air Month, and Physical Fitness & Sports Month all May long!
Common Core Lessons & Resources
Is your school district adopting the Common Core? Work these new standards into your curriculum with our reading, writing, speaking, social studies, and math lessons and activities. Each piece of content incorporates the Common Core State Standards into the activity or lesson.