Original URL: http://www.teachervision.fen.com/classroom-management/lesson-plan/2150.html
Grade Levels: 3 - 6
Students will learn to communicate non-verbally, lowering the noise level in the classroom.
- Begin the first day of school by using your softest voice so that students will learn appropriate inside voices.
- Model simple hand signs, incorporating them into everything you do.
- Begin with simple signs that will be most useful in your classroom, like, thank you, yes, no, sit, stand, line up, and the manual alphabet.
- By mid year, with practice, students usually know how to sign simple sentences, days of the week, months of the year, numbers to 20, primary colors, and common school supplies.
- By the end of the year, you could be ready to sign a
whole song and speak (sign) in sentences.
© 2000-2013 Pearson Education, Inc. All Rights Reserved.