Favorite Places Bulletin Board
Allow your students to decorate the classroom with pictures and words about their favorite places. View an example of this bulletin board idea for May.
- Dark-green cloth background
- White border, edged with orange marker
- White letters, edged with orange marker
- Any white paper that crayons can write on (Used computer paper, clean on one side, is good.)
- Wide-tipped orange marker
- Transparent tape
- Using the boy pattern, make the boy, hand, and question mark. Color as desired. Tape the hand lightly in place.
- Ask the children to tell about a favorite place where they like to go: a comfortable room or chair, the library, a friend's house, or their grandparents' house; or an outdoor place such as a porch swing, pool, ballpark, tree house, or fishing spot.
- Give each child a piece of paper. Let them draw themselves in their favorite place, doing what they enjoy most. Outline each scene with orange marker.
- If the children can write, let them write about their favorite place and draw a picture of it.
- Display the children's pictures and writing on the bulletin board and tape extras on the wall.
More Bulletin Boards for Every Month
by Arnold Cheyney
This book is filled with what every teacher needs - more than 50 bulletin board ideas and activities for the whole curriculum and for every month of the year.