An Illustrated Astronomy Glossary
Grade Levels: 3 - 6
- Students will learn the definitions of astronomy related terms.
- Students will illustrate the meanings of the terms.
- Astronomy Terms Reference Article
- Crayons or markers
- Students will receive copies of the Astronomy Terms Reference Article.
- Assign one term per student or group of students.
- Have them create an illustration that for the definition.
- Make a class book out of the illustrations.
- You can play a game with the illustrations! Show the class the illustrations.
- They have to write down on a piece of paper the term that goes with each one.
- For added reinforcement, have students write an explanation of why they think the term fits the illustration. You may choose to let them keep their reference sheets or play this game without the aid of the sheet.
Asian-Pacific-American Heritage Month
May is Asian-Pacific-American Heritage Month! Don't overlook this opportunity to study and enjoy activities about the history and culture of Asian-Pacific American communities.
Top 10 Galleries
Explore our most popular Top 10 galleries, from Top 10 Behavior Management Tips for the Classroom and Top 10 Classroom Organization Tips from Veteran Teachers to Top 10 Free (& Cheap) Rewards for Students and Top 10 Things Every Teacher Needs in the Classroom. We'll help you get organized and prepared for every classroom situation, holiday, and more! Check out all of our galleries today.
May Calendar of Events
May is full of holidays and events that you can incorporate into your standard curriculum. Our Educators' Calendar outlines activities for each event, including: Children's Book Week (5/13-19), Biographers Day (5/16), and Memorial Day (5/27). Plus, celebrate Asian-Pacific-American Heritage Month, Clean Air Month, and Physical Fitness & Sports Month all May long!
Common Core Lessons & Resources
Is your school district adopting the Common Core? Work these new standards into your curriculum with our reading, writing, speaking, social studies, and math lessons and activities. Each piece of content incorporates the Common Core State Standards into the activity or lesson.